- Problem solving/ Logic
- Fine motor skills
Do you have questions about field trips? Contact Claire Douglas, Community Engagement Specialist.
PLEASE NOTE: We are unable to accommodate Field Trips and large groups during Thanksgiving week, BVSD Winter Break, or BVSD Spring Break.
Basic Field Trips & Group Visits
WOW! Field Trips give local school children an opportunity to learn through play and explore the world around them in a fun, unique, and educational environment. Field trips include two hours of self guided explorations of the Museum. During a field trip, children can delve into hands-on exhibits about a variety of subjects, including STEM, art, imaginative play, health and practical life. Adult supervisors are encouraged to actively engage and play with children at each exhibit space. We are pleased to offer free adult admission for accompanying adult supervisors and chaperones.
If you are looking to enhance your field trip experience, add an Exploration to your visit! Visit the Exploration Field Trip page for more information.
Field Trip Overview
Explore the Museum with your class! WOW! offers discounted rates to field trip groups of 10 to 30 children with advanced booking. Field trip and group visits include two hour self-guided explorations of the Museum and are available for booking Tuesday, Thursdays, and Fridays. Field Trips are not available on Wednesdays. Large field trip groups (30 students or more) are welcome to book a field trip visit on a Monday when we are closed to the public.
Basic Field Trip Rates & Information:
|Number of children/students||Basic Field Trip or Group Visit|
|10-30||$7.00 per child|
|Add an Exploration||$3.00 extra per child|
*Advanced reservations are required
What they’ll learn:
We believe in the power of play and that it develops critical foundation skills that benefit children in school and beyond! While playing in the Museum, children learn to invent, share, explore, and engage with other children. Children will also learn:
- Problem solving
- Fine motor skills
Payment & Additional Information:
- Children with WOW! Memberships are admitted at no cost
- Adults are free (Adult supervisors must be at least 18 years old)
- Payment is due at the beginning of your field trip. WOW! Children’s Museum accepts cash, check, VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
Field Trip Policies:
- Field Trips are only available for groups of 10 or more children. Reservations are required. Two weeks notice is strongly recommended.
- WOW! requires 1 adult supervisor for every 8 children. Adults are required to actively supervise all children in your field group during your Museum visit.
- It is important that we strictly adhere to the 30 student maximum during business hours to ensure that everyone in the Museum has a safe, pleasant and rewarding experience.
Monday Field Trips:
Field trips with more than 30 students, or groups who prefer a quieter Museum experience, are welcome to arrange a visit on a Monday when WOW! is closed to the public.
- Admission Rate: $8.00 per child; free admission for adults and children with WOW! Memberships
- Field trips booked on a Monday require a $50 deposit at time of booking. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover for deposit payment.
- A refund will be issued only if the field trip is cancelled prior to the field trip day. If cancelled on the day of field trip or group is a no show, the deposit will not be refunded.
- The deposit will be deducted from total field trip cost. Payment is due at the beginning of field trip visit.
Need a space for lunch or storage?
- Rent a room for $10 per hour (rooms are subject to availability)
Have additional questions? Contact the Museum Front Desk, (303) 604-2424 for assistance.