- Problem solving/ Logic
- Fine motor skills
Do you have questions about field trips? Contact Claire Douglas, Community Engagement Specialist.
Play for All Field Trips
Thanks to WOW!’s Play for All Initiative, we are pleased offer discounted admission to Head Start programs, Title 1 Schools and students with disabilities. WOW!’s Play for All Field Trips give local school children an opportunity to learn through play and explore the world around them in a fun, unique, and educational environment. Field trips include two hours of self guided explorations of the Museum. During a field trip, children can delve into hands-on exhibits about a variety of subjects, including STEM, art, imaginative play, health and practical life. Adult supervisors are encouraged to actively engage and play with children at each exhibit space. We are pleased to offer free adult admission for accompanying adult supervisors and chaperones. Large field trip groups (30 students or more), or groups who prefer a quieter Museum experience, are welcome to book a field trip visit on a Monday when we are closed to the public.
If you are looking to enhance your field trip experience, add an Exploration to your visit! Visit the Exploration Field Trip page for more information.
Field Trip Rates & Information:
|Number of children/students||Head Start/Title 1 School|
|10-30 (T, Th, F)||$4.00 per child|
|Add an Exploration||$3.00 extra per child|
*Advanced reservations are required
What they’ll learn:
We believe in the power of play and that it develops critical foundation skills that benefit children in school and beyond! While playing in the Museum, children learn to invent, share, explore, and engage with other children. Children will also learn:
- Problem solving
- Fine motor skills
Monday Play for All Field Trips:
Field trips with more than 30 students, or groups who prefer a quieter Museum experience, are welcome to arrange a visit on a Monday when WOW! is closed to the public.
- Admission Rate: $5.00 per child; free admission for adults and children with WOW! Memberships
- Add an Exploration Class to a Monday, for an additional $3.00 per child.
- Monday Field Trips require a $50 deposit at time of booking. We accepted Visa/MC/Discover/American Express for deposit payment.
- A refund will be issued only if the field trip is cancelled prior to the field trip day. If cancelled on the day of field trip or group is a no show, the deposit will not be refunded.
- The deposit will be deducted from total field trip cost. Payment is due at the beginning of field trip visit.
Payment & Additional Information:
- Children with WOW! Memberships are admitted at no cost
- Adults are free (Adult supervisors must be at least 18 years old)
- Payment is due at the beginning of your field trip. WOW! Children’s Museum accepts cash, check, VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
Need a space for lunch or storage?
- Rent a room for $10 per hour (rooms are subject to availability)
Field Trip Policies:
- Field Trips are subject to availability. Reservations are required. Two weeks notice strongly recommended.
- WOW! requires 1 adult supervisor for every 8 children. Adults are required to actively supervise all children in your field group during your Museum visit.
- It is important that we strictly adhere to the 30 student maximum during business hours to ensure that everyone in the Museum has a safe, pleasant and rewarding experience.
Have additional questions? Contact the Museum Front Desk, (303) 604-2424 for assistance.