WOW! Awarded $1000 Grant from Lafayette Cultural Arts Commission
Lafayette, Colorado – WOW! Children’s Museum (World of Wonder) is pleased to announce that the Museum has received a $1,000 Arts in Community Grant from the Lafayette Cultural Arts Commission (LCAC). This grant will provide a series of cultural events and performances at the Museum throughout the year geared toward our young visitors and their families.
The LCAC Arts in Community Grant will fund the following cultural events at WOW! Children’s Museum:
- Chinese New Year Lion Dance with Shaolin Hung Mei Kung Fu Association – February 2017
- McTeggart Irish Dancers – March 2017
- Ugandan Kids Choir – April 2017
- Colorado Educational Theater Cultural Storytelling Program – May 2017
- Halau Na ‘Olapa Mamao E Malama Hula Performance – June 2017
- Colorado Educational Theater Cultural Storytelling Program – September 2017
- Dia de los Muertos with Boulder History Museum – November 2017
“This grant will support a series of cultural performances offered to Museum visitors throughout 2017 featuring performers from around the world. We hope these performances and events will inspire our young visitors to learn about different cultures and understand the perspectives of children from different backgrounds. We thank the Lafayette Cultural Arts Commission for their continued support!” said Jennifer Hinderliter, Executive Director, WOW! Children’s Museum.
About Lafayette Cultural Arts Commission:
Lafayette Cultural Arts Commission promotes, nurtures, and celebrates the visual, performing, and language arts by providing opportunities for the public to appreciate and enjoy art in its various forms; connecting artists, educators, and community members with resources; building partnerships to sustain and further the arts; and embracing and supporting the diversity of the community we serve. LCAC works closely with the Arts and Cultural Resources Department to plan and implement programs for the community. For more information visit: www.cityoflafayette.com