Wanted! Volunteers for WOW!’s Board of Directors
WOW! is currently recruiting volunteer Board Members to serve a two year term. As catalysts for the Museum’s continued growth and increasing impact in the community, this is an opportunity to develop your leadership skills, serve our mission and make great things happen for WOW! Our Board supports the Museum through each member’s unique skills, interests, background, and contacts, both professional and personal.
We are particularly interested in applicants to serve in any of the following areas:
- Community Leader/Fundraiser: WOW! is seeking a community leader to provide guidance in identifying, and evaluating major new prospects; and in setting appointments with major prospects and soliciting their donations. This individual should have a passion for the organization and ability to speak with enthusiasm about upcoming projects.
- Business Development Expert: WOW! is seeking a professional with experience in making strategic business decisions to increase profitability. This individual will provide guidance to board and staff on strategy, planning and problem solving, sharing their expert business skills and knowledge.
- Legal Advisor: WOW! is seeking a Board member with a legal background to provide professional support, advice and guidance on a volunteer basis. This individual will assist the Museum in compliance with legal requirements and may review and prepare documents, as needed.
- Review the Board Recruitment Packet which includes a board member job description and information about the selection process.
- If you are interested in being considered, submit a completed Board of Directors Application to Jennifer Hinderliter, Executive Director by the March 31, 2017 deadline.
- The top applicants will be nominated at the June 19, 2017 board meeting.