Join WOW! Children’s Museum’s Fundraising Committee
WOW! is currently recruiting volunteers to serve on our Fundraising Committee. As catalysts for the Museum’s continued growth and increased community impact, committee members work closely with our Board of Directors, develop leadership skills, serve our mission and open doors for WOW!. The Fundraising Committee is an ambassador-focused committee with members who are focused on making introductions to new donors in the community. Members of this small committee are well-connected and willing to introduce the organization to their own contacts and networks and to ask for support.
- Work with WOW! Executive Director and Development Director to define the short‐ term and long‐term funding needs of the Museum.
- Help nurture a culture of philanthropy throughout the organization, and assure that all donors of time and money are respected and honored.
- Contribute to and review the fundraising plan to ensure progress toward annual and long‐range funding goals.
- Set priorities for fundraising efforts; evaluate plans and strategies; and present outcomes to Board of Directors, as appropriate.
- Devise and recommend philanthropy and fund development policies to the Board for action, including any limitation policies.
- Assure that the Board and individual Board members are adequately educated about the basic principles and best practices in fund development, including the design of a donor-centered organization.
- Work with Development Director to identify and solicit funds from external sources of support including, but not limited to: foundations, corporations, community organizations, and individuals.
- Support the organization through the planning and implementation of fundraising events and campaigns.
- Encourage participation by the full Board in fundraising efforts.
- Identify and recruit community leaders to serve with Board members on the Fundraising Committee.
- Engage in advocacy and networking.
- Support the Board Development Committee in recruiting on onboarding new board members
- Work with Development Director to execute a robust donor stewardship plan.
- Attend and participate in Fundraising Committee meetings.
- Prepare adequately for meetings in order to make informed decisions.
- Make an annual financial gift to WOW!
- Average 5 – 12 hours per month
If you are interested in being considered for WOW!’s Fundraising Committee, please contact Darcy Morel, Development Director, for more information.