Thank you for your interest in volunteering at WOW! Children’s Museum! Our Volunteers are an integral part of what makes WOW! a fun, educational, and affordable community resource.
How do I become a WOW! volunteer?
- Fill out a volunteer application
- Attend a volunteer interview
- Undergo a background check (if over the age of 18)
- Attend a volunteer orientation/training
- Sign up for shifts
What is expected of me as a volunteer?
- Commit to volunteering at least 25 hours, or 6 months of volunteer service.
- Be dependable, prompt, and reliable.
- Be aware that as a volunteer you are a representative of the Museum.
- Whenever you are unable to volunteer on the day you are scheduled, please notify both the Volunteer Director and your direct supervisor.
- Please keep all Museum visitor information confidential.
- Let us know if you have any concerns about your volunteer experience.
- Adhere to all volunteer policies and procedures.
We have a wide variety of volunteer opportunities available. If you would like more information about any of the positions listed below, please contact us.
- Discovery Guide – Assist with Discovery Days, NanoDays and summer classes
- Exhibit Guide – Lead hands-on exhibit activities for children
- Materials Preparation – Prepare materials for the Art Room, classes and events
- Exhibit/Building Maintenance – Help us build, repair and maintain exhibits
- Museum Activities – Facilitate an activity such as story time, games, or face painting
- Art Room Assistant – Assist our visitors in the Art Room with art projects and craft activities
- Exhibits Assistant – Help us keep our exhibits stocked and in good working order
- Exhibits Evaluator – Work with the Exhibits Team to survey and evaluate exhibits
- Events Volunteers and Museum Ambassadors – Help us at special events or join our marketing/outreach team at community events
- Professional Skills – Share your expertise in electrical work, photography, IT, human resources, sewing, and other professional skills
- Fundraising Committee – An ambassador-focused committee with members who are focused on making introductions to new donors in the community.
- Board Member – Join our board of directors to develop your leadership skills, serve our mission and make great things happen for the Museum. Board members serve a 2 year term.
What are benefits of volunteering?
- Help support children’s education!
- The opportunity to work with children
- Access to fun exhibits and activities to interact with
- On-the-job or special training related to your volunteer position
- Support and feedback from a professional staff
If you’re interested in volunteering or would like to learn more about our Volunteer Program, please contact, Kim Brown, Volunteer Manager.